M2M gateway module – GPS, GSM and WLAN connection for retrofitting of telematic devices
The M2M gateway module provides advanced communications and connectivity for fleet vehicles, heavy duty trucks, as well as construction and agricultural equipment.
It allows flexibility to use one telematic device in a variety of applications without the need to re-design and re-certifiy existing communication hardware. For example, it can be used in vehicle cabs to provide GSM communication and GPS positioning capabilities to a telematic unit without the required modems. In addition, WLAN enabled peripheral devices can connect to the Internet by taking advantage of the integrated WLAN router.
The M2M gateway module also features an open source, WRT Linux-based firmware enabling customer-driven feature development, including security, logging, monitoring and tracking applications, without complicated and expensive licensing requirements.
- Reduction of complexity in customers system
- Accelerated time-to-deployment
- No integration of communciation interfaces necessary
- Easy integration of smart mobile devices
- Rugged metal housing
- Certified communication device (US)
- Operating temperature range -40°C to +85°C
- 3G upgrade and 4G migration possible
- Integrated modems:
- Cellular: Gemalto EHS6 Penta-Band 2G/3G
- WLAN:802.11 b/g/n Atheros Router
- GPS: U-Blox Neo-7M
- RS-232 interface
- Various RF antenna options available
- Protected standard size SIM-card slot